婴儿牙牙学语英语(你会用到哪些英文)
作者:小雅和英美友人
◆ 吃手、咬东西、流口水,英文怎么说?
◆ 磨牙饼干、牙胶、围嘴、这些物品怎么说?
◆ 出牙期脾气坏、粘人,如何用英文表达?
BABY TEETHING宝宝长牙Child: Why is my little brother drooling so much?
宝宝:弟弟为什么总流口水?
Mom: Oh, he must be teething!
妈妈:哦,他一定是在长牙呢!
Teeth的th读作清辅音 [θ],但是teething的th读作浊辅音 [ð]。
Child: He is getting teeth already?
宝宝:他都已经长牙了啊?
But he is only 6 months.
但是他只有6个月呢。
Mom: Yes, some babies can get their first tooth as early as 4 months,
妈妈:是的,有些宝宝早在4个月大的时候就会长第一颗牙,
but the average age for the first two bottom teeth is 6-10 months.
但是长前两颗下牙的平均年龄在6到10个月。
Child: He has been really grumpy too, crying a lot.
宝宝:他最近脾气也很坏,老是哭。
Mom: Yes, and very clingy with me,
妈妈:嗯,还老粘着我,
he wants me to hold him all the time.
他想让我一直抱着他。
He has also been sucking on his fingers a lot
他现在还经常吃手,
and chewing on everything.
什么都咬。
Those are all signs of teething.
这些都说明他在长牙。
Child: We should get him a teething toy.
宝宝:我们应该给他买一个磨牙玩具。
(1) 磨牙玩具也可以叫teether,读作 [ti:ðə]。
(2) 硅胶牙胶叫silicone teether,千万不能把牙胶翻译成tooth gum,gum虽然有“胶”的意思,但其第一含义是“牙龈”。
Mom: Youve left a lot for him.
妈妈:你给它留下了好多。
Im pretty Sure I can dig out quite a few from the closet.
我肯定能从柜子里翻出来好多。
See? Here is one that rattles, too.
看见了吧?这个还能当摇铃。
This one is filled with liquid.
这个里面有液体。
And this giraffe-shaped one used to be your favorite.
这个长颈鹿形状的是你以前最喜欢的。
Child: I still like it. Can I play with it?
宝宝:我还喜欢它。我可以玩会儿吗?
Mom: Hey, its for your little brother.
妈妈:嘿,这个是给你弟弟的。
Child: Fine. Also, we need to put a bib on him for all the drool
宝宝:好吧。我们还得给他戴一个围嘴接口水用,
so he doesnt soak through another shirt.
这样他就不会把衣服湿透了。
Mom: Yes, thats a great idea.
妈妈:是的,这是个好主意。
I have also heard that putting a wet cloth in the freezer is good for sore gums.
我还听说在冰柜里放一块湿布可以有效缓解牙龈痛。
Child: Should we give him some pain relief medicine, the poor little guy?
宝宝:我们应该给他一些止痛药吗,可怜的小孩?
It must hurt having teeth coming through for the first time.
牙齿第一次长出来一定会很疼。
Mom: Maybe not, medicine might be too much for him.
妈妈:还是别了,药对他来说太过了。
It might do more harm than good.
可能坏处会多于好处。
If hes crying a lot, we can also give him some teething biscuits.
如果他老是哭,咱们还可以给他一些磨牙饼干。
磨牙饼干亦作teething cookie、teething snack。
Child: He needs that so he isnt so grumpy!
宝宝:他需要它,这样他就不会那么烦躁了!
Mom: Lets search online.
妈妈:咱们在网上查查。
Oh, they have many different flavors. Shall we go with Blueberry & purple carrot, pea & spinach, or sweet potato & banana?
哦,他们有好多口味。咱们是买蓝莓和紫胡萝卜、豌豆和菠菜、还是红薯和香蕉味的?
Child: Blueberry, please!
宝宝:蓝莓的!
Mom: Okay. Ill also buy some gauze to wipe his teeth.
妈妈:好的。我还得买点纱布给它擦擦牙齿。
Gauze读作 [gɔz]。
Child: When can we brush his teeth?
宝宝:咱们什么时候可以给他刷牙啊?
Mom: I did some research.
妈妈:我做了一些研究。
At 18 months, we can start using a pea-sized amount of low-fluoride toothpaste to brush his teeth.
18个月的时候,我们可以开始用豌豆大的低氟牙膏给他刷牙。
We should encourage him to spit out the toothpaste after brushing, but he may not be able to.
我们可以鼓励他刷完牙把牙膏吐出来,但是他可能做不到。
Child: Can I be in charge of brushing his teeth?
宝宝:我能负责给他刷牙吗?
Mom: Sure, but just make sure to brush your teeth properly for now.
妈妈:当然,不过现在你还是好好刷自己的牙吧。
附:牙齿相关英文
宝宝掉牙,妈妈说哪些英文,能讲清换牙这件事,并告诉孩子怎么做
带宝宝看牙,你会和他说的英文,蛀牙、涂氟、洗牙、补牙……
【公众号:你和宝宝说英语】
,
免责声明:本文仅代表文章作者的个人观点,与本站无关。其原创性、真实性以及文中陈述文字和内容未经本站证实,对本文以及其中全部或者部分内容文字的真实性、完整性和原创性本站不作任何保证或承诺,请读者仅作参考,并自行核实相关内容。